Maximal number of participants per course: 12
Course dates: Santander (Spain), 22nd-24th February 2024
Course equipment and facilities:
- Anatomy laboratory at the University of Cantabria.
- Two cerebral hemispheres for each participant. The specimens were previously selected to ensure the quality for dissection. The specimen’s vessels were injected wit red and blue colorants for greater similarity with a real brain.
- 3D Microscope Kinevo 900 Carl Zeiss: one for the course.
- Microscopes (techno-scopes) Carl Zeiss: one for each participant.
- Ultrasonic aspirators CUSA Clarity (Integra): one for each participant.
- 3D television (75 inches, Full HD): one for the course.
- Medtronic StealthViz Neuronavigation system: one for the course.
- Medtronic Echography system: one for the course.
- Video camera: one for the course.
- 3D Glasses: one for each participant.
- Instruments for dissection for each participant.
Target Audience and Objectives:
This activity was designed for Neurosurgeons, Neurologists, Neuroradiologists, Residents/Fellows in these specialties, and Neuro-nurses.
After the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy of the white matter fiber tracts.
- Comprehensive understanding of the 3D anatomical relationships between the white matter connections.
- Evaluate surgical approaches to challenging areas: the dominant insular lobe and the supplementary motor area.
- Discuss surgical cases and analyze different treatment options of tumors located within eloquent areas